Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Brain Pop and Educational Sites

After seeing the educational website BrainPop I decided to review it on my own. I would use this site with my students just not too often. I like how it has educational videos for all ages and grade levels. I also enjoy the quizes they give after each video to ensure the students pay attention and make sure they grasp the information you want them to learn. I also like the suscriber helpline, and the e-mail suggestions to imporve the site. The other site I would use in my classroom is Scholastic. There are many resources a teacher could use in the classroom. I like the web rubric assignment because not only does it teach you how to assess a web site it also gives many website teachers could use for additional resources. Such as lesson plans and videos for students. Some of the websites mentioned in the last class I had never heard of before so not only did I learn about bad and good websites I have more educational sites I can view on my own.

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

Nicole,

I am glad this class has opened your eyes to new sites. There are so many out there!

Thanks for reacting.